Wednesday 7 January 2009

Creating a video for "Toys" by Frost* (Part 11)

Happy New Year!! (a bit late but, hey, that's me!)

Well after a couple of weeks of great fun spent with the family it's back to the drab routine of the day-job today (yesterday, actually). It's not all doom and gloom, though.
The CRS Best Of The Year Awards are on Saturday in Wath with awards presented by Steve Hackett along with Magenta and Frost* playing live. Can't wait….should be amazing.
In the meantime, I'm re-recording the "Toys" video following a request to produce a higher-resolution version. I'm forced to re-record it because, like an idiot, I didn't keep the VOB files from my DVD-RW recordings after I had converted them to (smaller) wmv files.
The up-side is I get to address some of the legibility and camera angle issues I had the first time.
The down-side is that I had forgotten how mind-numbingly tedious it was/is stopping and starting my Philips DVD Recorder for every take - the remote is the worst I've ever used - slow and zero tactile feedback.
Still, if I can get it done before the weekend I can hand it to the band and that will be that….on to the next challenge….whatever that might be….

No comments: